[pianotech] New RPT

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 20:03:27 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Claude Harding <charding88 at comcast.net>wrote:

>   Your mention of the "continual journey onward and upward," Ron's
> comments, and Paul C.'s idea of considering the RPT a bachelors degree with
> graduate work still to come are very appropriate.  Earning the RPT
> credential is something to be proud of, but we should think of it as a good
> beginning place and not the end of learning.

Yes ... I've been reminding myself of it often.  :-)  I realize RPT
"certifies" minimal or basic competency as a piano technician.  Not that
it's of no consequence.  Rather, it's a beginning place, as you say.  I'd
also venture to say that we techs would probably not want to be known in the
music community based solely on the VERY generous tolerances on the exam.
 :-)

> Congratulations again to Jeannie and John; may your tribe increase.
> See you in Grand Rapids.

I'm planning to be there!

--
JF