[pianotech] Downbearing

Noah Haverkamp noahhaverkamp at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 12:30:20 PST 2008

I am coming up on my first rebuild/restoration. Probably won't install new pinblock, but I am interested in measuring Downbearing, not only on this upright but also in general. It seems like an interesting thing at the moment. I've read through Reblitz' method using the string, but would like to maybe buy the Lowell Gauge or the generic dial gauge Schaff sells. Any comments/suggestions? I like the way the dial gauge looks.

Noah Haverkamp Frere
Know-a Piano?
http://www.knowapiano.com
347-308-0094