[pianotech] Cracks in soundboard and eye bolt repair

Geoff Sykes thetuner at ivories52.com
Sun Nov 30 11:43:41 PST 2008

Yup, that's what I meant. A small flat-head machine screw would almost
disappear into the soundboard. The T-nut would be the kind that has the
little barbs on it so that it would hook in tight into the rib. I'm thinking
a little white glue in the space between the rib and the soundboard before
tightening couldn't hurt and would make for a pretty secure bond.

-- Geoff

• Geoff Sykes, RPT
• 626-799-7545
• www.ivories52.com