Low Inertia

David C. Stanwood stanwood at tiac.net
Fri Oct 3 06:50:09 MDT 2008

Jim,

I appreciate your thoughtful responses to the list..

I have to comment on your comment that my protocols don't address
dynamic touch weight...  I know what your addressing is the smoothing
of front weights but this is not the essence of the Stanwood
protocol, just part of it.  The main foundation of the Stanwood
protocol is addressing an appropriate matching of hammer weight and
ratio.   We know from experience that certain combinations work in
the dynamic mode and others don't.   Being able to identify the
weight ratio of the action and picking an appropriate hammer weight
level or vice versa does address the dynamic playing
characteristics...

Thanks again,

David Stanwood

>><snip>
>>In the various weight balancing protocols, for example the
>>Stanwood, much effort
>>is spent balancing out the response of the action, but, as my fingers
>>perceive it, the balancing effects are micro effects...an improvement, but an
>>improvement which, alas, leaves my biggest complaint, a huge global
>>complaint,
>>unaddressed, ie  I feel that most actions I have played possess a  high or
>>"higher-than-I-would-like" dynamic touch weight (hdtw).
<snip>