Low Inertia

jimialeggio5 at comcast.net jimialeggio5 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 3 19:50:55 MDT 2008

David,

>... Being able to identify the
>weight ratio of the action and picking an appropriate hammer weight
>level or vice versa does address the dynamic playing
>characteristics...
>
>Thanks again,
>
>David Stanwood

Thanks for your response.

As I mentioned, my complaint is an empirical one. I do feel that, at least in my
experience, that many action designers and pianists,  choose, as a default, a
heavier dynamic touch than I would like to see. Sometimes both the sound and
touch of these instruments seem to target only one monolithic flavor. The
purpose of my post is to raise the possibility of other takes on the issue.

Thanks again.

Jim

--
Jim Ialeggio