Antique damper regulation

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Mon Oct 6 00:27:41 MDT 2008

Greg

Adjusting the Chickering damper is actually quite ingenious, and very easy, once you get the hang of it.

The first thing you need to do is raise the damper upstop rail. To adjust the damper wire up or down, lift the damper until it clears the others, and turn the whole head and wire. To adjust the damper head to the left or right, lift the damper as high as you can, and turn the head upside down?and all the way around.

As I said, once you get the?hang of it, you wonder why all dampers can't be adjusted as easy as this.?

Good?luck. ?

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI