Unstringable C8, was Steinway 78183

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 07:38:52 MDT 2008

Greetings,
   I have several of my pianos in the house right now.
A model S, #333xxx.  The C88 measures 2.25 inches!
A model M, serial number 258xxx.  C88 on it measures exactly 2 inches.
An upright, model K # 78xxx    C88 measures 1 15/16"
A model A # 78861   measures 1 13/16

It appears that there is a lot of variation in the "standard piano of the
world".

The upright has the most responsive sound at C88.  Maybe some of you
scale/board gurus can shed some light on this?
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at
your destination.  Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!<BR>
(http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000001)</HTML>