the economy

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 8 08:43:30 MDT 2008

When I went to piano tech school in 1981 the economy wasn't so great.  I thought, well, when I get out it can't be any worse.  I was wrong.  Getting started can be a job enough, but even in tough times as a beginner, I still got calls.  Try thinking of positive measures you can take to get business like Dave has listed.  Of course, markets differ and you do what you have to do.  I still think the best way (for me, at least) is to find and keep the people who really want to take care of their pianos by booking ahead with them (like the dentist).  These folks are the core of my business.  Because they know my work and trust me, they refer me to other people, their churches and they provide me with the bigger shop jobs.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, IL

From: "Dave Davis" <dave at davispiano.com>