New WNG carbon fiber action parts

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 10 19:32:48 MDT 2008

List,

Has anybody out there successfully installed a set of the new black
plastic WNG shanks and wips in an older M&H action?  We've obtained a
set of these parts for a 1920's vintage A, and it appears we must make
significant alterations to the wippens, and to the wippen rail, in order
to make these parts work.  Response from WNG hasn't solved any of the
problems ("check the action spread" - like the tech help guy whose first
response to any problem is to tell you to reboot your computer)  Thought
I'd check with the larger community to see if our experience is unique,
or if anybody has some constructive advice...

thanks

Mike