conundrum

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 11 18:01:38 MDT 2008

I brokered a piano a couple years ago, about a 40 year old Acrosonic spinet. When I
got it the piano was immaculate. When it was sold............. well....  Actually it
belonged to a young lady who was so fastidious I was almost afraid to walk into her
apartment, lest my mere breath soil something. When I last saw and tuned it was in
the same immaculate condition.

She sold it, and it was moved by really reputable movers, a distance of about 25
miles. Proper equipment, dedicated truck, insured,- all one would hope from a mover
with a good reputation.

Next time I saw it, the bridge apron was separating, and the plate was coming away
from the frame.  I have fussed and fidgeted about this for a couple years.  The only
thing which I have been able to conclude is that perhaps a one-in-a-million fluke
happened in which glue joints, perhaps becoming too dry, had failed through no real
fault of anyone.

Can you more expert people shed any light on this?  Everything was done correctly,
yet problems of serious nature ensued.

Thanks much
les bartlett