Sex offender clearance, was "vetted by the CRB"

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Oct 12 06:48:35 MDT 2008

Hi Fenton.

Given the PTG's stance on getting the government involved in any kind of
a bonified certification for what a Piano Tuner is.... I would think
that alone would be enough for the PTG to steer well clear of this kind
of thing.... all Orwellian implications aside :)  Besides...  I see no
reason at all myself why the PTG should require from its membership that
each individual demonstrate what is at present defined as socially
acceptable behavior when it doesn't even require that its membership has
the remotest idea of how to tune a piano.  Just a thought.

Cheers
RicB

    This has all been hashed out here before. It seemed to me the PTG
    might take advantage of this credentialing as a requirement for
    member ship. Just an idea, don't know if it would work or maybe
    create other problems. There might be opposition to it as well from
    the membership.
    Fenton