pitch of old upright

David's Email ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 12 14:42:59 MDT 2008

The difference in the sound of the piano when at correct pitch is the main reason to bring it up 50 cents.  I always bring to pitch.  It gives the customer something grasp when we talk about regular service...i.e. your piano will stay up to pitch...they can hear the difference to the tuning fork and see the difference with my SAT III and they can hear the pitch going up as I pitch raise.   Always...the disclaimer...strings can break...I should say I'm not tuning spinets these days so string replacement is relatively easy...;-]

David I.