Dampp Chaser Problem???????

Cliff Lesher lesher at dejazzd.com
Tue Oct 14 07:12:53 MDT 2008

Yes.  One of our chapter members was involved in an interesting
lawsuit having to do with this very situation.  The lesson learned
for us was to emphasize the bold-print guidance in the Dampp-Chaser
literature, for the customer to use only the Dampp-Chaser humidifier
sauce.  I believe this section of the literature is now bolded as a
result of this case.

The customer got replacement liquid locally.  I believe the product
was "Humidiclean."  Sounds about right, doesn't it?  The product
contained muriatic acid.  The piano was severely affected.  All of
the strings turned black as I recall.  Every metal thing was "touched."

Sell the sauce clause.

Cliff Lesher
Winfield, PA