the economy/starting out

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 02:31:13 MDT 2008

Bruce,

yes, I see the advantages, too. And I have delivered quite a few pianos even up into the fifth floor, so I know the techniques. But I decided not to deliver anymore. This is my financial relation: I charge 80.- Euro for a tuning and my mover charges me 100.- Euro for a transport plus 25.- Euro per floor. He moves only pianos, noting else, so he is an expert. He even offers a disassembly and reassembly service which I draw on instead of doing it by myself (for practical reasons, e.g. a transport 50 Km away).

Transporting by myself costs money too and much time and organizing. So I voted for outsourcing. But that´s a decision every tech has to make for himself. As mentioned, I don´t want to ruin my back as I plan to do this profession for the next 25 years or so.

Gregor