music desk guide strip

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Oct 15 07:35:56 MDT 2008

Good addition! you'll get a cleaner separation.

PW

"William Monroe" <pianotech at a440piano.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
10/15/2008 08:31 AM
Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

"Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: music desk guide strip

Yes, that would work.  I'd recommend adding a solution of denatured
alcohol and water to the remaining piece first and let it work for 10
minutes or so, then start prying.  This will loosen up the stuck piece
nicely in most cases, and it should pop right out.

William R. Monroe

You could pry it out with a 1/4" chisel.

Paul

List,

On a Steinway M the mover broke the music desk guide strip.  The part that
protrudes out to guide the music desk on and off, (the tongue), is
completely broken off.  I need to remove the remaining portion and replace
the slide.

What is the best way to get the rest of the broken strip out so I can
install a new one?

Thanks,

David Weiss