Tuning Compromises Across a Challenging Break

Jeff Deutschle oaronshoulder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 05:09:02 MDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 2:25 PM, John Formsma <formsma at gmail.com> wrote:

> yes - sorry for the typo. : )
>
> On 10/16/08, paul bruesch <paul at bruesch.net> wrote:
> > John,Honest, I'm not being picky, but don't you mean A2-A4 double octave?
> > Paul Bruesch
> > Stillwater, MN
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 11:31 AM, John Formsma <formsma at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> >> You might begin with a A2-A4 octave that beats no more than 1 bps.  Then
> >> chop it up into small chunks with your favorite method, whether it be
> the
> >> Baldassin-Sanderson temperament, or whatever one you choose.
> >>
> > </snip>
> >

> --
> JF

I sure am glad *that's* cleared up! I was trying to figure out the 24th root
of 2!

Seriously now, does anyone know of any tests for how bad a break is? Or does
everyone just wait until things go bad in the middle of a temperament
sequence?

--
Regards,
Jeff Deutschle

Please address replies to the List. Do not E-mail me privately. Thank You.