Yamaha serial numbers

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Oct 23 11:18:15 MDT 2008

I wonder when in the 60's...We have several U1's here at UNL that date
1965 and they're real tough. They have two pedals They get used everyday
for all these years.  We must have purchased them new as they are all
consecutive serial numbers and same color..kind of a pecan-y walnut.  I
bought one we decided to retire last year for my son to learn on.  Works
great!

Paul

Mark Wisner <markwisner at earthlink.net>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
10/23/2008 12:13 PM
Please respond to
Mark Wisner <markwisner at earthlink.net>; Please respond to
Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>

Pianotech List <pianotech at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Yamaha serial numbers

They changed back in the 60's when the first pianos they sent over here
started developing problems related to dryness.  Loose tuning pins and
cracked soundboards, mostly.

Mark Wisner