The Academy Pianoforte Works?

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 24 03:03:40 MDT 2008

List,

has anybody ever heard about that company called The Academy Pianoforte Works? That´s what the fallboard decal reads, also registered trademark, Dresden, Saxony. Has a Langer action from about 1900 (due to serial number of the action). What strikes me is that a German manufacturer made an English decal at that time. I found no records in my piano atlas or other sources.

By the way: it has a nice decal on the plate which reads 'Nichts halb'. That means: nothing half. Every time I tuned that piano it motivated me to give my very best :-)

Gregor

Explore the seven wonders of the world