Panel drying and finishing

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Oct 24 16:20:27 MDT 2008

Like Ron N., I don't put a finish on the panel prior to ribbing. Ron somehow
has perfected a technique where he lets the glue set up to some point - I'm
not sure whether it is just gummy or cured - and then scapes it off clean.
I've seen his boards and they are real clean. I have tried that and I just
end up gouging wood and generally making a mess of things. I'm sure I'm not
doing it properly. So I've reverted to my original method where I have had
good luck cleaning the squeeze out up immediately by a quick scraping to get
most of it and then with a damp rag and then a dry rag. It seems to work
well for me and makes the glue line super clean.

Terry Farrell