Panel drying and finishing

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Oct 24 18:55:00 MDT 2008

Let me elaborate a bit more.  If you put a finish on the rib side and then
dry it down, the panel will bow slightly in the opposite direction from how
you want the crown to be formed once you bend the panel over the ribs (it
will shrink more on the bare side).  So would there be any ill effect from
bending the panel back in the other direction when you are gluing the ribs
on or anything strange about what will happen once the panel is allowed to
take on moisture again?

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com