Hard sell (was panel drying & finishing)

Kendall Ross Bean kenbean at pacbell.net
Sat Oct 25 20:53:59 MDT 2008

Patrick~

What a fantastic idea! No, really!

It's true - Research has shown conclusively that those most susceptible to
sales pitches are - other salespeople! The higher the pressure, the more
susceptible!

(Most people's inclination would be to simply jettison the nuisance
salesperson, before they take up more valuable time.)

You have brought it to our attention that even those who attempt to exploit
us can be sold! Even dark clouds can be silver mines!

(-Especially if Fenton ends up being a "captive audience member". )

(-Especially if they think that by buying something from him, he will be
more receptive to their sales pitch..... oh, the possibilities!)

(Of course, if he gets the tuning/rebuilding job, he may have to continue
putting up with a nuisance timeshare or EST pitch all the while he's tuning,
or rebuilding their piano... ...perhaps that's the reason most of us don't
pursue this, or make a business of trying to sell to these types of
salespeople.)

But actually, even if you don't sell them a tuning/rebuild, it's a great
idea to "fight fire with fire". Hard sell - Yeah! They asked for it...

(Fenton- Hopefully the incentive pricing is just to help fill up the cruise,
-not divert you into EST or timeshares (-shudder).  Have fun, sounds like a
blast. Wish Karen and I could be there... ...we expect a full report here on
pianotech when you get back, along with a report on new business
opportunities you discovered... ...like maybe all those neglected pianos you
found in Avalon... ...who tunes all those pianos on Santa Catalina anyway?)

"Timeshare tunings."  "EST rebuilds." -Sounds like another article for the
PTJ in the making...

;-)

~Ken Bean

PianoFinders.