Jack Flanges

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Oct 25 21:30:28 MDT 2008

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Matthew Todd
  To: pianotech at ptg.org
  Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:55 AM
  Subject: Re: Jack Flanges

        Yeah, I thought about the damper spoons after I sent the e-mail. Would A0 and A#0 work?

  Matthew,
  Sorry if this question has already been answered but I may have missed some of our friends contributions.

  NO.

  The spoons are angled in the opposite direction to engage the bass damper levers and won't line up with the levers in the tenor-treble.You will have to bend -regulate  them to work and  bend them back when you send them back home so
  forget the swapping parts technique (Actually I'll admit to the parts swap myself on rare occasions )
      I'll respectfully suggest that the same effort that you put into your questions when applied to some creative thinking  will lead to a better understanding of the piano mechanism and logical solutions to these vexing little problems.
  See it ,find a way ,fix it and move on.
      I'm not bashing you here my Bro ---- trust yourself and take a few chances. After all what do you have to lose? If a repair fails, try something else. That's where the fun lies.
  Best wishes,
  Tom  "MacGyver" Driscoll