foam baffles

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 21:43:39 MST 2008

Years ago, I ordered a large sheet of acoustic foam from a local musician's supply  co.  The cost was about $110, and was enough to do two pianos with extra to spare.  Cut with an electric knife.  You can save some money, but you'll spend some time cutting and fitting the pieces.  The reduction was less than spectacular, but did work as good as Edwards.  To eliminate more sound, there needs to be some heavy insulation sandwiched inbetween.  I'd say a 25% reduction would be expected with the foam underneath, again as much on top.  YMMV.
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego