[pianotech] Pitch raise criteria

bppiano at aol.com bppiano at aol.com
Sat Aug 1 19:22:33 MDT 2009

I happen to strongly agree with the previous post, doing a pitch raise is almost required for every tuning that's over a 3 -cent error.?  As on Aural  tuner, I find doing?multiple passes quite useful for stability and understanding stretch variables?prior to the final tuning.?there are shortcuts I  use if the offset is less than 10 cents.?  For example,?I will only tune the middle sections avoiding the copper-wound strings and maybe?the top octave.? I know it?takes a little more time but the final result is worth it.

Bruce Pennington