[pianotech] Key frame hold downs

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Thu Aug 13 16:09:45 MDT 2009

All due respect, but no.  In my case, the frame was bedded well.  The clamps
did not have enough force to bring the ends of the key frame into contact
with the key bed.  That's just the way it was.  With the reverse crowned
key-frame, you've simply got to have enough force to bring the ends of the
frame into contact with the bed, and the clamps did not work well on the
four pianos I tried them on.  As I said, YMMV and if you've found them to
work for you, great.

FWIW.

William R. Monroe.