[pianotech] How do you ladies do it?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Aug 20 20:53:21 MDT 2009

Barbara Richmond wrote:
> I grip the top with one hand and with the other, grab (somehow) just
> below the fallboard (open, of course).  Lift up & out. Granted, I'm
> short, so I don't lift it up much.  :-)   I think I said something not
> very lady-like the first time I encountered that design, but I tune a
> lot of those now.

That's how I do it too. Aggravation over stupid design doesn't
seem to make my hands damp enough to grip the polyester (lucky
Chuck), so I lift with dry slick fingertips, and mutter a lot
of very not lady-like things every time I have to do it. I
can't imagine why they didn't hinge the lid on the end too,
while they were at it.
Ron N