[pianotech] Clarification Question: i'll take a pass

Scott Helms, RPT tuner at helmsmusic.net
Wed Aug 26 09:31:04 MDT 2009

OH!  I forgot to mention, Bill, that by having a policy to do 2 visits on
every pitch raise (for me, about 10c is the "magic number", if it's been
longer than a year since the piano was tuned), I don't really have to
think too much about the "magic number" in terms of whether I can get by
with a single-visit pitch correction and tuning in one visit. I guess I
base my decision on a combination of where the pitch is, and how long the
customer has neglected service. Of course, if I find a piano that hasn't
been tuned in more than a year and it's only 5c off, I won't do 2
appointments. That, in my opinion, WOULD constitute gouging.

Scott
------
Scott A. Helms, Registered Piano Technician
480-818-3871
www.helmsmusic.net