[pianotech] PR follow up

Andrew Anderson anrebe at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 20:11:09 MDT 2009

I would point out that piano requiring pitch correction over 100 cents
probably never did achieve great stability after stringing.  I've told
customers that a newly strung piano will need so much work.  You can
do it now or string it out over the years and live with more
instability and out-of-tune-ness.  Either way it will eventually get
done.  I tuned a piano that was over 300 cents flat and they were
quite certain it had never been tuned since it was purchased from a
store in 1950.   The way this piano behaved, I am quite sure that it
was never properly prepped.  I did my part and suggested that in 2
months they might want to fine tune it again.  Sometimes they call,
sometimes they wait and are happy for longer.

Andrew Anderson