[pianotech] let off gauge

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sun Dec 13 05:42:15 MST 2009

>Two reasons for shanks on hard surface:  1).  consistency
>2). you can use the sound of the shank falling back to gauge accuracy.

The sound of the 'slight tick'.

I have noticed all too often that the hammers are not bored evenly.
So my jig will have the backs of the hammers, not the shanks,
rest on the hard surface.

I'm trying to think of some type of hinged apparatus which universally
mounts to a hammer rail. Length is also a consideration due to the
varying number of notes in the sections.
--

Regards,

Jon Page