[pianotech] Aural Tuning, a third flat

Jeff Deutschle oaronshoulder at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 05:35:10 PST 2009

Greg:

First, as others have mentioned, check to see if the pin block has separated
from the back.

Your real question is about beat rates. The theoretical beat rates would
change along with the base pitch by the magic number of the twelfth root of
two for each semitone. But any piano, and especially smaller pianos such as
the Acrosonic, will have beat rates that are different than theoretical
anyway. The chosen octave stretch and the chosen compromises for the tenor
break(s) will also change the beat rates.

--
Regards,
Jeff Deutschle

Please address replies to the List. Do not E-mail me privately. Thank You.