[pianotech] To John, with no last name

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sat Jan 3 08:39:43 PST 2009

Jim, that makes a lot of sense.

I don't believe any "major rebuilder" could write to, and about, this list as such an *outsider*.

Piano tuning, repairing and rebuilding is not such a huge industry in the US, the UK or Europe, that a "major rebuilder" could be a stranger to this list and its gracious and, many of them, vastly experienced contributors.

Let's stop responding to this thread and await anonymous John's future valuable contributions and tips on piano rebuilding!  If you're right, Jim, it'll be a long wait.

Can I take the opportunity of expressing my own personal appreciation of the gracious and good-humoured tone of this list, and the willingness of men and women steeped in the piano technology trade, to share their wisdom.  This is a friendly place and to my mind well illustrates the positive value of the internet.  I have to say too that I appreciate the fact that, while the list is hosted in the US, and naturally primarily US oriented, membership of the list is allowed to be international, with the consequent demands on bandwidth.

Best wishes,

David Boyce.

"List,

I submit that john x, whatever it is (male, female) is a classic internet scam.  They lurk, randomly seeking ways to push emotional buttons. Then they push the buttons, and sit back and admire the effect. Consider it a sport.

We are providing some considerable sport by letting  X  yank our collective chains.

X is not a piano tech or even piano related...this is about manipulation.

If you are tempted to get worked up about his comments, remember X's only goal is to elicit an emotional response .

Kent, please consider that this is spam and needs to be blocked.

Jim I"