[pianotech] Delignit T-pin drill size

Larry Fisher RPT larryf at pacifier.com
Mon Jan 5 05:57:11 PST 2009

I've just completed a pinblock install with all the mentioned materials
using a "G" sized bit.  I tried an "H" in the past and found the end result
to be a bit too much on the loose side so this job I went a wee bit smaller
and I like final torque a lot better.

I used a piece of the cut off to test t-pin torque prior to drilling and
found the "F" bit to be way too tight.  #2 pins, Delignit, single pass, lots
of air blowing on the bit, and the bit is a high rise flute type to remove
material faster.

BTW Jon, the Fein Multimaster sure made the removal of this glued in
pinblock a breeze.  I think it took me all of 35 minutes and the "battle
scars" afterwards were quite minimal.  Most areas didn't need any surfacing
or prep work of any kind.  My shop smelled like burnt wood for a few days
but hey, there's trade offs here.  Awesome tip.  Thanks.

Larry Fisher RPT