[pianotech] Regulating black key dip

Jurgen Goering pianoforte at pianofortesupply.com
Tue Jan 6 22:19:48 PST 2009

I receive the postings in digest format, and the other posting in this
digest bring up this idea of an elegant  "cheat":
You could insert new mortices (like the ones M. Morvan is offering in
this digest) onto the sharps, but have them extend below the existing
key stick, 1 mm or so as required.  Granted, a fair bit of work, but an
elegant and proper fix to a geometry problem.

Much better than trimming the sides of the sharps' FR punchings as I
have sometimes seen.

Jurgen Goering