[pianotech] Stabalising a Twin Legged Grand

lee innocent ljinno at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 7 05:47:54 PST 2009

List,

Happy New Year!

I am currently restoring a 1909 grand with the twin legs (six castors in
all).  The legs are not screw threaded, the fitting is like a mortice joint.
Closer inspection in the workshop revealed cracks in these joints on all the
legs.  I intend to glue and screw with cascamite to strengthen the joints,
but I know piano will be moved for  public performances.  So, does anyone
know of an A-frame that takes twin legs or,,,,,, someway of adding extra
stability.