[pianotech] Piano not in tune with keyboard

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Thu Jan 8 13:43:53 PST 2009

I tuned a piano in a school choir room about a month ago.  I will be going back there next week to respond to a call back.

The school just recently purchased a new electronic synthesizer and the choir teacher said the piano that I tuned doesn't match the synthesizer.  I suppose a drop in pitch is possible, and when I go back, I will be checking the pitch of the piano AND the synthesizer.

I was just curious as to how many of you experienced something similar, and what to do about it.  I am just concerned that if the pitch truly does not match the synthesizer, that I may have to re-tune the piano to the synthesizer.

Please help, thanks.

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578