[pianotech] Piano not in tune with keyboard

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 14:49:30 PST 2009

Hmmm,And what makes you think a synthesizer would be "in-tune" with a
properly tuned piano? Oh, the A-440 *should* be dead-on (assuming no
temperature and relative humidity shifts -- which very seldom is the case).
The synth may be producing tones with zero inharmonicity -- unlike your
acoustic piano. Even if it is set for a "piano module" which utilizes "real
piano" samples, they're usually manipulated to some degree, and probably
much less stretched than the piano you tuned.

Good luck!
Patrick