[pianotech] Piano not in tune with keyboard

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Thu Jan 8 15:07:12 PST 2009

Many schools really lower the heat over Christmas break. Some of the newer
schools also severely drop the temperature every night.  If the piano has no
humidity control system then it will see a pretty severe pitch swing through
the winter months.

If it's a few unisons out a month after its tuned, then you can take
ownership of that problem. If the pitch has dropped, it is a humidity
problem and the ownership is theirs. As a tuner you cannot guarantee pitch
stability, especially after a month's exposure to a severe environment.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802