[pianotech] Handling wire w/ talcum powder

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Jan 9 14:36:48 PST 2009

Lots of good advise here!......however......

I just use really nice leather work gloves.  I still have good dexterity
and they last for many stringing jobs.  Why put more crap on your hands
than you need to? The digging of the strings on your fingers won't make
you sore either!

Best.
Paul

John Delacour <JD at Pianomaker.co.uk>
Sent by: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org
01/09/2009 01:57 PM
Please respond to
pianotech at ptg.org

pianotech at ptg.org
cc

Subject
Re: [pianotech] Handling wire w/ talcum powder

At 12:46 -0600 9/1/09, Ron Nossaman wrote:

>>...I would not put sticky rosin all over my hands... :^)
>>
>>Jurgen Goering
>
>...Chalk line chalk is better for that, and rosin is best.

Agreed.  I switched from chalk to rosin in about 1980 and it gives a
very good feel to the pins.  I use lumps of resin, not powdered
resin, but certainly you do get sticky hands and need to wash every
octave or so, but that's a small price to pay.

JD