[pianotech] Handling wire w/ talcum powder

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 11:56:57 PST 2009

At 12:46 -0600 9/1/09, Ron Nossaman wrote:

>>...I would not put sticky rosin all over my hands... :^)
>>
>>Jurgen Goering
>
>...Chalk line chalk is better for that, and rosin is best.

Agreed.  I switched from chalk to rosin in about 1980 and it gives a
very good feel to the pins.  I use lumps of resin, not powdered
resin, but certainly you do get sticky hands and need to wash every
octave or so, but that's a small price to pay.

JD