[pianotech] talcum

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Jan 9 16:45:00 PST 2009

I use a leather golf glove on my left hand which is the only hand that
touches the wire--my right hand handles only tools.  The golf glove (you can
buy cheap ones in bulk) protects the wire from the oils in your hands
without having to dip them in talc.  It also protects the thumb from wear
and tear when winding the wire onto the tuning pins.  During breaks I can
practice my chipping.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com