[pianotech] elbows

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 21:40:15 PST 2009

I have found the sluggishness is usually coming from the elbow being too
tight on the pin. I always prepare the elbows by running a round toothpick
through the bushing and then use a sharp razor blade to trim the felt out of
the slot. The toothpick eases the bushing and gives a good surface for
cutting. They click on much easier and will be much freer. I havn't had a
problem with them being too loose.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter