[pianotech] Time & Chaos

Floyd Gadd fg at floydgadd.com
Sat Jan 17 18:12:51 PST 2009

Hi Matthew,

I've just started using Time and Chaos this month, having been aware of it
for a number of years.  Perhaps I could do most of what I'm doing with
Outlook, but there are some features that seem simpler and less cumbersome.

I'm using custom fields for date of last tuning, travel distance, and names
of the customers' children.

I'm using categories to record information pieces I've left behind, month of
last reminder sent, whether the customer is a repeat customer, whether the
customer tunes more than once a year, whether the record is for a church,
school, piano teacher, music dealer, whether the customer is a candidate for
reconditioning or a new piano, and so forth.

I'm using the notes field for travel directions and the piano service
record.

I like the ease with which envelopes and labels can be printed directly from
the program.

My main objectives in using the program have been to easily identify
customers that are due for a reminder card or a phone call, to keep my
service records easily accessible, and to keep me on track with newsletter
mailings.

I'm only using the contact manager at present.  I still like my paper
planner.  I've purchased the program to sync with Outlook so that I can have
my info handy on the Pocket PC I use to run Tunelab.

It would be interesting to see what more experienced users are doing to
maximize the effectiveness of this program.

Floyd Gadd
Manitoba Chapter

I would like to know which of you use the Time and Chaos software for your
piano business.  If I may, I would like to e-mail you privately to get ideas
and suggestions for setting it up.

Thank you,

TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician