[pianotech] Interesting Product at NAMM

Andrew Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 19 09:20:11 PST 2009

As a piano teacher, I can testify to that difference.  Our policy
explicitly states that we do not accept students who don't have
pianos.  People are still beating down the doors.  We tell people they
can start on a digital piano but must commit to an acoustic piano in
two to three years.  We find that third year piano students simply
stall and lose interest if they are still on a digital piano.

Kids on keyboards (synthesizer type) simply don't get anywhere.  It's
a waste of our time and the parent's money to accept them.

Andrew Anderson