[pianotech] Young Chang Upright Jack Springs - a choice to make

John Dorr a440 at bresnan.net
Mon Jan 19 10:33:14 PST 2009

Hello list,

I'm soon to be replacing ALL of the jack springs in a 20 (or so) year old
Young Chang upright.  I wrote about it earlier and the consensus was that the
original springs get weak after 15 years or so.

So I ordered a bag (100) of standard upright springs and a bag of (100) spinet
springs.  The spinet springs are lighter and seem a better match to the
originals, so I'm inclined to use them.

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance, y'all!

John Dorr