[pianotech] A tuning to die for.

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Mon Jan 19 22:52:04 PST 2009

You are a kind and gentle, and supremely compassionate man, Fenton. Another
example of the "unseen artist".

Paul

In a message dated 1/20/2009 12:46:04 A.M. Central Standard Time,
fmurray at cruzio.com writes:

I showed up at my last tuning of the day today a  little after 5PM, I usually
don't work that late. At about 5:30 I went outside  of the mobil home to get
my vac from the car, face down in a little rock  garden next to my car was an
elderly gentleman strugleing a little and trying  to get up. I ran over and
could see he was in trouble, my phone was in the  house, I tell this guy I'll
get some help and run up to the house to tell my  clients to call 911. He
probably weighed 220 so I didn't think I could get him  out of there, nor should I
try, he had fallen over a little brick border. For  the next 10 minutes or so
I'm trying to keep this guy comfy, watching his lips  turn blue, I get a sheet
from my car and make a little pillow for him.  Finally the medics get there
and we pull him out of the rock and roll him over  on the parking area. The
medics ask if I know CPR, I tell I was certified 15  years ago but never used it,
they have me help by holding his head in my hands  as they start an airway and
administer CPR. They were short handed. It's a lot  of work to work on
someone like that for a half hour. It's also dark and we're  using my flash light to
save them the time to get their's. 30 minutes latter  they pronounce him dead
and I go back in to finish the tuning while my clients  get back to their
bridge game.
His name was Al, he was 85, his wife was in the  mobil home accross the
street, the neighbors went over to tell her, I didn't  have any desire to go in
there so I just left, he was still covered up in the  street with a sherriff
waiting for the coroner to arrive, I left the sheet  under his head.
You might want to know CPR and, not like me, get  recurrent training. Had
this guy not been in a face down possition needing  lifting out, CPR probably
would have made the difference, the medics told me I  was correct in not trying
to move him
Not much I haven't had happen while tuning, I  haven't had to deliver a baby,
yet.

Fenton

steps!
cemailfooterNO62)