[pianotech] Regulation "sweet" spot

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Tue Jan 20 08:40:46 PST 2009

"The majority of the notes are good and behave as expected. i.e. a slow
rise of hammer to a 1/16" below string strike with a 1/8" drop with that
little bump (what I call the sweet spot) in the feel of the key as you
play".

This reminded me of an article I read years ago - before the proliferation
of the home PC - about some tests that had been done on the tactile
qualities of word processor and computer keys. Test subjects all preferred
a keyboards where the keys had an "escapement" or "set-off" bump just
before they activated the function.

Sorry this doesn't answer the regulation  question!

Best regards,

David.