[pianotech] regulation "sweet" spot

Fenton Murray fmurray at cruzio.com
Wed Jan 21 20:04:24 PST 2009

I'm just picking up this thread and would like to add a method for setting
drop.

With let off set and drop too low and the action on the bench.
Place weights on the key amounting to 5 grams or so over the down weight.
Let say down weight is about 52, try 56 or 57 grams.
The key will drop until the drop screw contacts the leather.
Now, raise the drop and watch the hammer rise, when it stops rising the jack
heal has made contact with it's button.
You now have simultaneous contact between drop and let off.
Fenton