[pianotech] Bobbling hammers and jack spring pressure?

Jlmatt at aol.com Jlmatt at aol.com
Wed Jan 21 22:21:22 PST 2009

We have to deal with bobbling hammers in new pianos quite often after they
arrive here in the dry climate of New Mexico. but the jack spring has nothing
to  do with it.
Raising the balance rail usually takes care of that problem. Try it on one
key, raise it with a couple of paper punchings, and reajust the lost motion,
and  if that helps, then you can do it on all the keys quickly by shimming the
balance rail with a a few business cards or something
Good luck
Jean-Luc

In a message dated 1/21/2009 9:23:36 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,