[pianotech] QRS Pianomation 2000CD+ not working after tuning/servicing piano!

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:15:14 PST 2009

This was just a player unit, there was no ribbon cable that connected to the
action, so there was nothing to disconnect or connect.

I contacted QRS and they insisted that nothing I did during servicing could
cause the player to stop working. He thought it was just an unfortunate
coincidence. He claimed the disk drive is the weakest link in the system and
that if I send it in they would go easy on me for the repair. They want
technicians to like their product and he sympathized that I was in a pinch.
Great company to deal with: I was able to get a hold of a tech right away
and he was very helpful.

I'm going to pick up the unit tommorow evening and send it off and hopefully
all will end well. Luckily the customer has been very friendly and nice to
deal with.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter