[pianotech] A little help

Will Wickham wwickham at stny.rr.com
Fri Jan 23 10:55:38 PST 2009

David,

I work for a dealer who currently handles Yamaha and has (pre-Gibson)
been a Baldwin dealer. I'm not familiar with the 560S but the other
two are Yamaha models. The prices seem fair for all. In my experience
the 6000 is one of Baldwin's best uprights and I tune a large number
of the P22 model in schools and churches. I don't know of anyone using
them who's not happy with them. For what it's worth the P22's are much
more sensitive to seasonal changes in humidity than the 6000. The M475
is a fairly good home piano.

The M475 and the P22 would have been made by Yamaha USA in Thomaston,
Georgia. I assume Baldwin was making the 6000's domestically but don't
know that for sure. I don't know about the 560.

Hope this helps!

will